Monday, November 30, 2009

She's Here!!

Wow, I cannot believe that I am a mother of three...a family of five! We just barely fit into our 5 passenger car, without an inch to spare. Royal Novell Rose Hockman, born sunny side up (face up), at 10:35pm on November 27, 2009. She weighed in at a hefty 8lbs. 14oz. (That's almost 9lbs, btw) and was 21in. long. It all started at 8:30am that Friday morning with an induction. I was already at 3cm. but was not effaced hardly at all. I do believe that if I had not been induced I would have been preggo for much, much longer, even though she was already over due. Pitocin was given at increasing doses for most of the day and when I hit 6-7cm I went ahead and asked for the epidural. What a nice feeling to go from lots of pain to none at all. But it was short lived and just a few hours of relaxing the pain started to come back, slowly at first but increasing each time. I couldn't figure it out...why was I feeling so much pain, I got an epidural??? Well, I finally felt like pushing cause the pain was overwhelming and pushing felt much better. So on we went to get the Dr. and started the process of making her way down the canal. OUCH!!!! An hour+ of hard core pushing and she was still not here. Something was wrong...I pushed Honey out in like 10min. why was this one taking so long?? I was running out of energy and getting frustrated when the Dr. said she was coming out face up. Which I was the reason of two things, why she was taking so long and why I did not feel my epidural working. Her little head was pressing on my bones and tissue keeping her from making a quicker appearance and keeping all the epidural meds from getting to my special spots. Need less to say I did have her completely natural and not pain free like I had hoped. She came out without more than a little peep and has been great so far, but we all know what happens after the few days of sleeping...they wake up!! Nursing took a little longer and is as painful as ever but will soon be a figment of my imagination. We are so excited to welcome Royal to our family and her biggest fan would be Mason. He cannot get enough of her and wants to hold her all of the time. The smile he gets when he sees her would melt your heart. I am so happy and cannot wait for what the future holds. I truly love my little family. Thank you Alisha for painting my toes before I went to the hospital. A final look before her arrival. A hospital gown a friend made for me to wear instead of the nasty ones they make you wear.

6 comments:

Sheila said...

OH JANESE!!! ROYAL!!! I LOVE HER!! I cannot believe that you had her natural after ALL THAT!! Oh my goodness!! She is beautiful and I love her cheeks!! I'm so excited for you to tell me how three goes!! Good luck with that one!! You're such a great mom, you'll be great!

Erick and Megan said...

Congratulations! What a little sweetie! I'm so glad she finally made it here! Sorry it was so much work! Wish we could meet her!

Amy Beatty said...

She is such a pretty girl. I'm sooo happy for you!!

Shanda said...

LOVED hearing the details! I'm glad she finally came out without a c-section :) I'm so excited for my two others to dote over the new addition. That's gotta be one of the best- besides snuggling a newborn. ENJOY! :) LOVE YOU!

Blooming Mommy said...

Cograts! good job momma!

Liz and Kevin said...

SHe is so beautiful. Congratulations!