Sunday, February 8, 2009

100th Day

Mason had his 100th day of school on Friday. His Teacher asked the class to make a project using 100 things to celebrate the special day. I can remember doing this in first grade and I brought 100 pennies and lined them up across the floor. I waited til the last minute to help Mason start his project and were at a loss of what we could do to represent 100. I had a left over canvas and some project paint and viola a masterpiece, yah? 100 Circles. I mixed the colors and Mason helped me paint it. He was so proud and couldn't wait to show his teacher.
Do you remember what you did for 100th day of school?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Ericksons said...

My sister's little girl just had her 100th day of Kindergarten too. She did "100 faces of Morgan." They printed out 100 pictures and she cut them out and glued them on to a heart shape cardboard. I think it so cute all the ideas these kids have!

Jamie and Lindsey said...

How neat! That looks so cool you could hang it on the wall when he's done with it. Great job Mason!
Janese I was thinking about you today and I really missed you. I was going through some old photos and I found one of you as a baby at Christmas time. Not sure where I got it but it made me sad that I can't live closer to you. I love you!

Amy Beatty said...

Jaroms 100th day was on Friday too. I thought the teacher just asked the kids to bring some thing they collect so we counted 100 of his marbles. He was sooo excited to show his teacher and when we got there I saw they were gluing their collects to paper so I had to hurry and run home and count out the first thing I could find which ended up being red hots. Way easier to glue to paper. Masons circles turned out so cute. It's a keeper. Can't say I will be keeping the red hots glued to paper.

Sheila said...

Very impressive!! I LOVE IT!! That should definitely be hung at artwork.

Becky said...

I have to say that I absolutely love it. It's very pleasing to the eye. :) Love you J. I honestly don't remember doing anything for my 100th day, but I also cannot remember what I did yesterday. Ha!