Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Just a few things...

January has blown by us like a hurricane, and here are a few things we've been up to this past month.
I was asked to coach Mason's basketball team for the YMCA this season, and so far we've had a lot of fun. Coaching the 5-6 year old boys is exciting, even if they have absolutely no clue.
These are pics from the first game, Mason is trying to dribble it up court, and he does pretty well too. Now that we are about four games into our season, we have improved drastically.
A little pep talk before the game. Zach (Mason's cousin) was there to watch his first game. Larry left me for a week to go to San Diego for FTO (Field Training Officer) training and so I enlisted my Mom to come down and help me for the week. We had lots of fun just being silly. Super Star Shadows. Mom on the left, Me on the right! See I told you...We were Silly!
Just pump'in that gas!
Honey needed a fill up I guess.
We are God Parents?
Larry's friend from San Luis Obispo asked if we would be their daughters Godparents. First let me say that I have never met the little girl, and have only seen the parents one time. But we went anyway and found out that they asked like 10 different couples to be godparents. Crazy! So no big deal, I guess. Right?
The "sprinkle".
Jesica and her daddy Joey.

3 comments:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

I really enjoyed reading that post. You would be such a wonderful coach, I bet you did a great job!
Oh- I miss you and your mommy, I wish I could have been there to be silly with you. I loved it when we got together for lunch, just us with our moms. We were always so silly and we had such a fun time.

Amy Beatty said...

I love that you are the coach! SO perfect. And you make such a cute one too!

Anonymous said...

I finally got into your Blog. My server must have had some trouble, anyway this month is really another very good one. Sure glad you just got the shadows. hehe...Yes, we do have fun. You do make a good coach too. These pictures are just precious. MOM