Saturday, November 8, 2008

Mason turns 5

My baby turned five years old on the 5th, so weird, I have a 5 year old. I feel so...old. So how else to you celebrate a five year old's "Golden Birthday" but to go to Chuck E. Cheese of course. Mason and Honey in the helicopter ride, I am so glad they get along so well. Serious competition here. Lame ride, but the kids had to do it at least once. Happy Birthday Mason, wait... the real cake is down below. This one was just temporary.
Mason got a fish for his birthday. He picked it out and named him/her Ruby. We love her, shes so dang cute.
Ok, here is the real cake. My gracious neighbor helped me make this cake for Mason's party we had at our house on Friday. He's leaning a little to the right so instead of Puff the magic dragon, we named him Duff, or Duffy. He's a little chunky around the middle, he either ate too much cake or had a little too much to drink, you can make your own assumptions. But he was so much fun to make, and yes I am a little proud of myself for taking on the challenge.
We played pin the face on the boy, here is Mason doing his best.
Honey's turn, she thought it was so funny to be blindfolded.
Here is how her face turned out.
My brother decided to play too and I think I spun him around a few too many times cause he almost lost his dinner. That's ok though, siblings are suppose to have a little fun, right? Thanks for being a good sport, Brother.
Larry did it too and here is his face...pretty good sweetie.
Next was the doughnut on the string. It was so cute to see the little ones trying not to use their hands. Powder was everywhere, so cute.
Go Honey!
After the doughnut game, look at all the powdery faces.
Happy Birthday Mason. Wow, five candles!
Present opening time. Mason had a blast and is grateful for all the friends and family that came to his party.

8 comments:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Wow, what a good mommy you are! It looks like he had a great birthday. I love the cake, you are so talented! LOve you!

Sheila said...

How FUN! That cake is DOPE Janese! I'm lovin him!! Still never been to Chuckee Cheese...someday. I love the games, donut on a string is one of all time child-hood favorite memories!!!!!!!1

Anonymous said...

Ahh, Janese. That cake is adorable. YOU MADE THAT? Wow, I always new you were talented. I hope you are printing out all these blog pages to put in a memory book to last so your kids can see them later. They would treasure them. These blog pages are better than scrapbooking and a lot cheaper and easier. Wish I was there at the party. It must have been the best. Love you MOM

Anonymous said...

Wow! Happy Birthday to Mason! Looks like he had tons of fun. Great job on the cake, it looks great. We have a fish just like Mason's and it is named Ruby, too!
-Denise Odom

Liz and Kevin said...

Happy Belated birthday Mason. Wow I can not believe you have a 5-. year-old son already. You are old!
J/K. I miss you ton Jan!

Shawntel said...

The cake turned out great! Love it! The games look like a lot of fun! Happy Birthday Mason!

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Mason! J, I absolutely love that cake. I seriously thought you bought it until I read more of your blog. Amazing, woman! You are insanely creative and crafty.

......to meeksfamilyfun!! said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MASON!! We love you buddy, and we hope you had the best b-day ever. Love, The Meeks Family