Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Joy of a Simple Pomegranate

I was taking some pictures of Mason the other day while he was eating a pomegranate. It was so cute, he had it splattered all over his face. I don't know about you but pomegranate's are such strong reminders of my youth, my parents house has an orchard with few fruit trees and we would patiently wait til they split so we could eat them. The pomegranate that Mason is eating is from that very same tree, my mom brought them down when she and my dad visited us a few weeks ago.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Lucky guy! Those are the best. I only get maybe one or two a year since I've been married. My parents had one little tree, but it gave such wonderful, beautiful, luscious fruit! I need one now. My mouth is watering. I don't care if they are two bucks a pop, I'm buying one tomorrow.

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Oh man I loved those! Didn't we use to eat them together? I don't buy them now because they are so darn expensive but my kids are totally missing out. I think I am going to buy one or two next time I go shopping!

Shawntel said...

Yummy! I think Pomms are by favorite. I too have great memories of them in my childhood. I actually just finished having one. :)