Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Butterfly Beach






As some of you know, we are currently looking for a place to call home in Santa Barbara... since that is where Larry's office is located. Yesterday we took a trip down there to see a few potential properties and ended up at the Beach afterward. Of course, right? This is a beach called Butterfly Beach, very pretty, in Monticito. We had lots of fun playing in the water and sand but we found a most unpleasant friend that had stuck itself to the bottom of our feet...Tar. Yuck! I guess its because of the many oil drills out in the ocean all around Santa Barbara. Oh well...so does anyone have any tips for us to either avoid the tar or help us get it off? I would love to know.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Wow, you guys get the beach all time! It looks like your kids just love it too. Can I come visit? :)

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Hey wait a minute. . . you stole my song! I love it too! I put it on my blog yesterday.

bjandsdavis said...

Ha ha...I think that you, Brittany, and I have the same taste in backgrounds. Awesome!!! I think we all put it up about the same time. Oh, by the way...I hope you guys get to go to SB. That is my dream place to live. Maybe someday we'll end up there too!!!

Becky said...

No tar ideas. But how cute are your kids?! I love the pic of Honey buried in the sand.

......to meeksfamilyfun!! said...

I love these pics. Especially the one at the bottom. I love it!!

Becky said...

A memory from my mind: wrestling in the grass, of course. Driving in the back of Kyle's pickup on the way to Yellowstone, afraid we were going to get caught by the cops for being back there. We got so sunburned. Sitting on the porch while you practiced your artwork by drawing on my hands and arms. I loved it! Those few weeks we were there were some of my best times and memories of college. I love you J!

Liz and Kevin said...

I love the picture of the kids walking to the water! This is the cutest picture ever!
Liz

Paul and Rachel said...

Wow, this picture belongs in a magazine. You're kids are soo cute!