Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July at Pismo Beach

What a spectacular day we had yesterday. The Roldans (friends of ours) met us in pismo to have a day in the sun and then watch fireworks in the evening. Larry had to work of course, any holiday is a priority day for the CHP, and with the big fire going on in Santa Barbara he expected to work over-time too, poor him.
It was a very memorable e
xperience to say the least. I can't ever remember a time where I have seen more people in one place at one time than on Pismo Beach last night. Quite overwhelming. Sarah got us prime VIP seats on the Pier to watch the fireworks and Honey could not get enough of them once they started popping. Both kids and myself had a blast making the trek to actually go and see fireworks up close this year, it was Mason and Honeys first time.




Pismo Beach. Sarah and Nikoa.
Waiting for the fireworks.
Our friends The Roldans.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear daughter, I can't believe the creativity you have in these bogges. They are such a joy to see and read. I love you MOM

The Ericksons said...

Wow! What fun that would be! By the way, I totally get your "you know you're a mom when..." Oh man. On my birthday, Paige screamed all day and we decided to go to C&O for dinner and they put the food in front of Paige and she burned her finger really bad and screamed the whole dinner, spilled my water all over me, and scratched me. Wow! What fun it is!

Jamie and Lindsey said...

It looks like you had a great 4th of July! You always take the cutest pictures too.
I can also relate to the unpleasnt side of parenting (to say it nicely). Dallin woke up in the middle of the night one time, jumped on our bed, said he was really hungry, and then began to barf all over us while we lay half asleep in bed. Needless to say we woke up fast!

Sheila said...

cute pictures jan. I love that your mom called it a bogges!! Makes me think of Harry Potter how the call boogers Boegies, anyways. Kinda a tangent, but cute pics.