Thursday, January 20, 2011

Holy Elephant Seals!

We decided to have a family outting on MLK holiday and visit Cambria to see the Elephant Seals. It was a perfect afternoon, lovely weather, my mother was visiting, yada, yada, yada... Half way on hwy 46 Royal starts crying, I swear she's having flash backs of our trip to Texas, she is really upset. We actually pull off the road and take her out. Poor baby, is just not having any fun, and neither are we yet. So we finish our drive and find out that everyone and their cousins are checking out the elephant seals too. Its cool, we find a parking space, Mason and Honey get a kick out of them and their funny sounds and cute little babies. We head back, stop at a beautiful view, snap a pic, get almost home. Royal pukes all over the herself, carseat, and car. Oranges, strawberries, and rice snacks, yummy. That was fun.
And I'm asking myself..."Why do I even try?"


It's sometimes nice to hear the true story behind all the pretty pictures, and realize that everybody has an "off" day and no family is perfect, even if they look like it.
The beach was infested with Elephant Seals, I really can't believe how many there were.

Larry thinks he looks mad in every picture he is in...I think he is right. Try smiling next time sweet heart.

We stopped by the pier on the way home and went into a little nature info house they had there, as you can see I can't remember the name of it. But you got to try on head phones to hear the sounds the elepant seals made. 

The pier.


 My little tree hugger.

Here is the beautiful view I made Larry stop at for me, he was so nice about it, and even took my pic. 
I live here...are you jealous yet? It really doesn't get any more beautiful, does it.


I had to post a few of these...Mason looking too cool, and some of my sleeping one year old. I haven't gotten any of her sleeping because it is such precious time to me, I really don't like to waste it, lol!




Enjoy our "perfect family" pics! LOL!

4 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

Poor baby. Those seals are crazy amazing. I say it was worth it. xo

The Hockmans said...

Thanks Amy, I keep telling myself the same thing.

Bonnie said...

I love your crazy perfect family. Glad you had a fun trip. It gets better or should I say more interesting every time.

Megan and Keli'i said...

I seriously love all of these photos. You really have such a beautiful family, and I love that last photo of Royal. Those seals were crazy, and yes, it doesn't get any more beautiful than where you live. Gorgeous.