Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hair be gone!

I have always had long hair, even as a kid I had long hair. Just before I got pregnant with Mason, I got a perm....yeah, you read right, a nasty perm. I don't know what I was thinking. Anyway, I let it grow out and when Mason was about 5 months, I cut the perm out of my hair, leaving me with "short" hair. I hated it! And swore I would never cut it again...


...7 years later. It was getting unmanageable and I couldn't get it to do anything I wanted it to do. So I decided that since I had enough hair I would donate it. I found a donation through Pantene...since "Locks for Love" gets an over abundance of hair, and will be sending on where my hair will help make a wig for cancer patients going through chemotherapy. Its a win, win. I get to help a good cause and look fabulous at the same time. 


I am guessing but I think I lost at least 10 lbs when he cut my hair...it was about 17 inches that was cut off. CRAZY....and gross!!
It feels great and I really like the new look, and that is the point...right!!



Click HERE to learn more about Pantene's Beautiful Lengths.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute i like it!
maly

Jamie and Lindsey said...

You look So cute! I love the new look. . . .makes me want to cut my hair too

Wendy said...

I love your new hair style!!! It is soooo cute!!

The Ericksons said...

It looks great!

Blooming Mommy said...

CUTE!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I know you liked it at first and now you say you can't get it to work for you. I think you should just leave it. It looks so good. MOM

Sheila said...

Oh my gosh, when I read the title to your post I gasped and was HOPING you were talking about Larry's hair, or anyone but you! BUT NOW, seeing your new cut...I LOVELOVELOVE it!!! You look suuuuuper cute Janese!!!

Shanda said...

AMEN to the SUPER CUTE! :) Maybe I should do that... that's how long my hair is right now- to the elbows... I never look at it from the back, but that is Crraazy long! I LOVE the new cut- SO CUTE! But I agree, it's hard to get rid of the long when you've had it so long ;) I'm the SAME way!!!

Bonnie said...

I love it long! I love it short! I love your cute smile! I told myself after number three I was going short again like when Tye and I were married. I just can't do it yet for some reason. I get so bored and need change and you wear change well. Go hot momma!! :) Bonnie