Thursday, May 21, 2009

Our trip back home; She's 95!

Just last weekend we had the opportunity to go back home for my grandmother's 95th Birthday! She is the sweetest little lady and the best Oma anyone could ask for. I am just glad she's stayed with us another year. Anyway here are some pictures from our trip. It was harder to get Dad and Uncle Larry to take a picture than it was for the kids. Mason had a special bond with Oma. He adored her. Brother, Steve, Oma and me. I love this one! Isn't she so cute! Oh yeah and you too brother. This is a dress Oma had made for me when I was a little girl. Oma forgot about it until she foundit one day and sent it to me for Honey. My dad can often be found around a fire. This is one he started from a big pile of brush he's cleared from the property. Mason is helping to keep it in one area, Grandpa showed him how to use the pitch fork. He's a hard worker. My kids had a great time up there, and didn't want to come home.

6 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

Going home to see family is the best!! Your dad and mason with the fire totally remind me of my dad and boy. SO funny. Guess thats home grown placerville for you!

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Wow Oma is 95 now I can't believe it! She still looks great too. It's good to see you all but I didn't see a picture of your mommy or Wendy. Oh and by the way you don't look pregnant at all!

CJ said...

looks like you guys had fun! we found out only days before it was going on, and tried to make it out there; but it didnt work. The pictures are so fun. Grandpa ben. is such a goof.

Becky said...

I'm so jealous of your trip home. I miss home.

Sheila said...

I'm loving all of these pics Jan- seriously, us home-grown girls are super lucky to have our parents still living where we grew up...FOR OUR KIDS!! We LOVE roasting marshmallows at my parent's house. I LOVE the picture of Honey sitting on the table.

Anonymous said...

Wow,Janese love these pic. All are great. I knew those kids had a great time here. Made us feel so good too. Yeah, I love that pic. of Oma and Steve, and the pic. of Grandpa/Mason helping with the pitch fork in the fire. I hope you put all these pic. in a real scrap book some day. Love you my dear...MOM