Sunday, June 8, 2008

Camping for two, please.


Ok, so check this out ladies, or gents if your a dude...Larry and I went camping. Not impressed yet? Ok...by ourselves...like without kids. Yeah, I know, crazy I tell you. So we had planned on going to Yosemite but we only had a few days and just not enough time to truly enjoy ourselves. So we made the long trip to my parents house where they graciously watched our two munchkins for the day and night and drove up Mormon Immigrant Trail, to Kit Karson and stayed at a campsite on Silver Lake.
B-E-A-U-TIFUL!
We just sat around and Relaxed, so nice, and even though we were slightly under prepared for the 8000 foot elevation or the 20 or so degree temperature that night we were hooked and want to go again. Its silly though that as we were "relaxing" we couldn't stop thinking about the kids and how much more fun it would be the next time when we got to take them along.




On our way up we stopped off to take in the beautiful view. And yes that is snow, in June.

I couldn't stop saying how amazing the views were, wouldn't you agree?
We were really roughing it right?...with our air mattress and all.
Our little campsite.
Cooking some grub. We had the fire rollin' that night.

Silver Lake, and yes it was Cold.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Janese, that is so neat. We are glad you had a great time. We enjoyed the children too. Did you realize that you are actually keeping a journal. Don't forget to print it out someday and put your blog in a book. We love you MOM and DAD

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Reminds me of Mt. Shasta :) Love and miss you guys, glad you had some fun private time with just the two of you, even though I know you missed the little ones. Private time is good!!! xoxoxox Elizabeth

Sheila said...

OH Jan, we both got to do something fun with no kiddos! AND, Jeff and I are actually camping up in South Lake Tahoe this weekend for our 4 year Anniversary!! My parents are watching the kids for us too. Hurray for gparents!! I CAN'T WAIT!

Jamie and Lindsey said...

It looks like you had a blast! I can't wait until we go camping this summer too. I like your new background, I actually clicked on it while you were still fixing it. It looks much better now that it isn't off to the side, you'll have to teach me how to do that. Thanks again for helping me with mine!!!

......to meeksfamilyfun!! said...

Ohhhh!! Looks like you had a great time!! We are so happy that Larry is back home where he belongs. We can't wait to hang out with our Hock Dogs again. :) With Love, Meeks Family P.S love all the pics on the blog

Becky said...

I love Silver Lake, we go there all the time. It's the best place to go in the middle of the summer, it's always so much cooler up there. We love the huge rocks. Your parents are so great watching the kids. Alone time, what is that?