Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mason turned the big "oh- 7"!

Firstly I would like to apologize to all my faithful bloggers for my absence. I have only but sad and lame excuses so I won't waste your time trying to explain myself. I think though that it was my sad looking, neglected blog that was essentially keeping me from posting. It needed a little TLC to say the least. So I perked her up a bit, threw out some old and put in some new. Now she is all done up and ready to give all you avid readers something better to look at and read. 

  Mason had his 7th, (yes I did say 7th), birthday on the 5th. My baby is getting so old. And the sad thing is that the older he gets, the older I get dang it. I hate how that works out like that. Anyway here are some pics from his birthday. It just so happened that I ran my first half marathon that morning in Santa Barbara, so I was a bit tired and sore, so we just threw him a little party and called it good.
My really good friend made these super cute cupcakes, love the edible star sprinkles.
For those of you with kids in school, maybe you can relate to what I would call "the curse of the silly bands"! They are everywhere, the kids trade them, and I only let Mason take one to school and he still comes home with 4 or 5...smart kid. I thought I would post some pics of my half marathon, I feel like it should get proper attention since I trained really hard for it.
My brother, Steve, Me, and Dave (Amber's Hubbie).
Whoo Hoo! I finished, 2:11:18.
I started running with these two girls in order to train for this awesome event, they were the ones who pushed me and said I could do it!

2 comments:

The Ericksons said...

Good job! I am doing a 5K and that is about as daring as I get!!!

Becky said...

Yay, you are back. No need for sorries. :) I do like your new background and everything fancy. Good job on the half marathon. I can't even go up the stairs without breathing hard. I totally suck. Happy Birthday to Mason!