Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Butterfly Beach...again.

We finally made it to the Beach. We havn't been in quite a while by our standards. After thinking that we were never going to get to a beach we finally made it to one of our favorites down in Santa Barbra, Butterfly Beach. I realize that I have posted about this beach before so sorry for the repeat. As most of you know who are living just about anywhere in California, this past week or so has been very cold, again to our standards, like...low 30's and 40's. So when the sun came out and the temperature rose (high 70's) out we went to have some fun on the sand.
Yes, Honey was the sandiest out of all of us, as you can see she has no problem laying herself right down in the wet stuff.
A view up the beach, I loved all the round stones that covered most of the beach.
Mason found a cozy little spot up on the cliff.
I am so proud of Mason, he wrote his own name in the sand for the first time.
And he did a good job too, I think.
Our good friends Elizabeth and Anthony met us there and helped us enjoy the beach and weather. Thanks guys.
I got this idea from my sister-in-law, Wendi. I just had to try it too. We came across the coolest thing. Someone or many stacked rocks on top of each other all over the place, and high too. Like trail markers gone wild. There were at least 10-15 stacks of rocks.
Here is another shot of the rock stacks.
They even made little ones on this old tree. It was amazing that they all stayed up. Very cool.
Towards the end of the day, not quite sunset, but the water looked golden.

1 comment:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

I love that heart picture! So awesome!