Saturday, June 21, 2008

San Antonio Lake Camp Out

We are camping fools lately. We took the kids on their first camping experience up to San Antonio Lake with the Bennett's "Lake Week" extravaganza up in Paso Robles. WOW!...What a blast that was! There was about 30 of us there at one time or another and the kids just loved it, swimming in the lake from 9am to 6pm for three days, and trust me they wanted more. Sleeping in the tent was an interesting experience to say the least with my youngest. Larry could not make the first night because of work the next morning so it was just me and my two little ones to forge on through the night alone. Honey did not take the camping in the tent so well, she screamed all night and the next morning people had a nick-name for her, Screamin' Demon! Isn't that sweet. However the next night she slept without a peep, Thank goodness. Of course when Larry was there she was fine, just my luck, right? Steve took us all out on the boat to wake board and dragged us along on the water weenie. Larry got up on the wake board for the first time, awesome, and I just did what steve called "Weenie Time". You'll see, check out the pics!


This is what we call "Weenie Time". Wendi, Monique, Me, Christine, and Alisha.
The kids on the Weenie, sorry its hard to see.
Awe yes the sand, it had to be everywhere.
Mason, had a blast in the water too!
She's a supermodel in training...except who's training her. Check out that pose!
Mason and Nyah, sweet friends.

More weenie time...Branden, Brittney, Nyah, Me, and Mitchel.
Our campsite, there were 7 tents all together, I could only get 5 of them in the pic.
Sheer delight, she loved the water.
Just me and the kids came back to camp early to get a nap and found a deer right in the middle of it.
I got an apple and it took it right out of my hand, so cool. And then later did I read the sign "Do Not Feed The Animals". Oh well too late for that.
Honey with Steve driving his boat.
We were all tuckered out by the end of the day!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures! It looks like you all had tons of fun!

Amy Beatty said...

What a fun trip. I want water weenie time.

Sheila said...

HOW FUN!! Camping w/out Larry?? Are you crazy!?!?! Sounds like it was how I would imagine it without Jeff. Although night #2 sounds like it made up for it! I'm jealous.

You totally need to send that photo in to Tyra...I think we've got America's Next Top Model here...check out those angels and those eyes...FIERCE Darling!

About Shanda...I actually haven't been invited on her blog either. I don't think she has my email. I know that if she knew that we wanted it she would totally invite us, but I think she just doesn't know. bummer I know. sorry I can't help more.

Sheila said...

ps I love your blog layout, it's SOOO CUTE!

Jen said...

Wow you guys are having TOO MUCH FUN...stop it!! JK I love the pics of Honey posing:)

The Ericksons said...

I hope Honey isn't going to be a nude model...no top on! Haha! Iam glad you guys are having so much fun. Thats about one of the few things I miss about Utah...all the boat riding, tubing, wakeboarding...oh that is fun!

Ben, Telia, Aeden and Eliza said...

What a cute family!!! Love the pictures and what fun you guys had.

Happy Birthday Janese!!!!
I hope you had a great day!!